Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
NRG Summer Trails Program -
Saturday, January 19, 2019, 7:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Regular NRG Training Session
is not Required
The program caters for runners training for various trail events over the Sydney Summer and Autumn periods, including but not limited to the Six Foot track, UTA, Tarawera and many other races both short and long. Courses are predominantly trail with where possible a shorter (~16km) and longer (up to 45km) option. Those who need even longer training distances are catered for too with many on the schedule offering an out-and-back loop (eg the Coastal Classic course run which makes for a healthy 60km return).
- your own copy of the map if you feel more secure running with one (sign on and download from NRG website)
- at least 500ml water bottle or hydration pack. Recommendation is 2 litres for runs longer than 20 km.
- sufficient cash for taxi and refreshment at a shop, just in case
- your mobile (in waterproof zip-lock bag or case)
- a gel or two if you plan to use them in a race
- familiarise yourself with the map and plan an exit strategy for contingencies
- eat something, drink plenty of water and apply sunscreen before starting
- apply Bodyglide or Vasoline where you’d normally chafe
- arrive 10 minutes early. Parking is easier and you're less likely to forget something
- assume you’ll be out all morning. Bush runs are slower than road runs. Don't schedule appointments on Saturday morning
- run with your pace group
- start in the slower group if you feel you’re "between pace groups" ability-wise
- notify somebody in your group if you drop out early, so we don’t send a search party for you
- get somebody to run with you if you can't make a scheduled run and want to do it another day.
- pick up where you left off If you miss one or two long runs or hill sessions; don't try to "make up for it" by running extra. Freshness is better than fatigue.
And most of all - enjoy yourself!